Sunday 10 August 2014

My Favourite Lipsticks: MAC Dubonnet

This is the first in a series of my favourite lipsticks post and as my current favourite MAC Dubonnet seems like the best place to start. It's been my favourite lipstick for about a year and a half now, I think I've bought 3 tubes of it so far and it's the lipstick I used for my profile picture and to make the kiss logo. So while this is a review it's about as positive as you can get!

MAC Dubonnet dark red lipstick swatch and review


I’d been trying to find the perfect deep red for a while when I saw the trailer of Oz the Great and Powerful, I saw Mila Kunis as Theodora and decided I had to know what lipstick she was wearing.
Mila Kunis theodora

A quick google revealed that she was wearing MAC lipstick in Dubonnet so next time I went into MAC (about 3 weeks later) Dubonnet was the first thing I tried.

It’s an amplified creme finish so it’s creamy and opaque. Dubonnet applies beautifully and it’s easy to use either as a solid colour or sheered to a pretty pink. It lasts about 4 hours before I have to reapply but it’s doesn’t dry my lips out too much so I don’t mind.


MAC Dubonnet dark red lipstick swatch and reviewMAC Dubonnet dark red lipstick swatch and review

MAC Dubonnet dark red lipstick swatch and review

No comments:

Post a Comment