Monday 18 August 2014

Manicure Monday: Aztec Inspired Nails

I'd had relatively dark polish on my nails for the last few weeks so I when I came to do this manicure I really wanted something bright and my Pinterest page seemed to be covered in Aztec inspired designs so I thought I'd give it a go. 


I'd also seen some pins about how to use a sharpie for nail art and I thought that it would be easier- wrong! I think I gave up after about half a nail with the sharpie, it was good for dots but drawing an even line on my nail was totally beyond me so I had to go digging through my nail art supplies (which is always harder when your hands are covered in damp nail polish- I just emptied about 30 bottles onto the floor in the end)  to find an old black nail art pen/brush combo to do all the lines. It wasn't actually that hard to do in the end, just take it slowly and concentrate on one line at a time.

I used two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for an off white base coat, the yellow is Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta, the green, pink, lilac and orange are from the Essie Bikini so Teeny collection Scrangie swatched them all here, the purple is OPI Pamplona Purple. I didn't actually use a red, I think that I used Nina Ultra Pro Cherri Melon and OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It but they both looked red after I'd gone over them with the black which was from really old nail art kit (same with the blue and the neon yellow).

I think if I did this manicure again I'd plan what colours I was using a bit better- I just grabbed the brightest colours I could find in every shade but I ended up preferring the nails done with slightly more subdued shades and there were a few colours (purple, blue and neon yellow) that I didn't really like with all the others.

I will also buy a decent nail art brush - I had to use sooooo much seche restore to even get the black vaguely functional- this picture was taken the next day when I'd removed all the black goop that was all over my fingers.


No comments:

Post a Comment