Thursday 21 August 2014

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil

I love skincare oils, up until about 18 months ago I was scared of using oil on my face- I've got combination oily skin and the idea of using oil on my already oily skin seemed like a terrible idea but as I started to get more into skincare reading online blogs I realised what I should be worrying about was excess oil. Skin naturally has oil to protect it, if we keep stripping away the natural oils without replacing them it's going to produce more and more oil. I could go on alot longer about why oil is great for your skin but I think I'll probably write a whole blog post and actually start reviewing the product I'm supposed to be reviewing.


I got this oil a few months ago after Caroline Hirons mentioned it in her spot cheat sheet and Stacey wrote a review. It's a really light face oil that I use in the evening, I use 4 or 5 drops after spraying my face with a hydrating toner and then apply a light moisturiser over the top. If my skin is particularly stressed I might apply a 2 or 3 drops in the morning because it seems to calm my skin down and reduce redness.

It's probably my favourite skincare oil, I find that it does the most to help my skin in term of oil balancing and blackheads while stopping my skin from becoming dehydrated. I misplaced it for about a fortnight at the beginning of this month and nearly bought another despite the fact that this bottle will last me for a lot longer- I'm on my first bottle and I've used probably 1/10 since I bought it 4 months ago using it 2 or 3 times a week.

It's got quite a strong scent but it does smell nice- quite herbal- and I think that the scent is because the ingredients are scented rather than added fragrance. It's also preservative free if that's something you care about (in general oils don't need preservatives as much as other skincare products- it's the water that causes the problems).

It's a bit pricier than some of the other oils I use (mostly rosehip oils) at £32 for 30ml but it does last and escentual.com always seem to have better (i.e. cheaper) prices for Clarins, over at Escentual it's £28.15.

I apologise for the image I'm not a great photographer and I found it hard to get a good photo of something transparent with white writing on both sides of the bottle, in real life it's a paler yellow, but I put up the contrast so that the writing was a bit more legible- I need to go back to reviewing lipstick I think! More lipstick seems like a great solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment